Fubo TV officially launched the Fubo Sports Network, which features a mashup of original programming as well as shows helmed by partners like The Players Tribune, USA Today, FanDuel, Stadium and more.
It's the first time Fubo TV — which has made a name for itself as one of the only ways to stream live sports in 4K in the United States — has ventured outside of its own service. That is to say in addition to getting the Fubo Sports Network on Fubo TV's base package, it's also available for free on other platforms. It's available now on LG Channels (which is powered by XUMO), Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, and XUMO proper.
The whole thing is ad-supported, of course, which is how you're watching for free. It's the content is more of a niche thing than just the same stuff you'll find everywhere else.
Fubo's doing its own news show at 6 p.m. Fridays. You'll also be able to watch ESPN/Fox Sports/CBS Sports alum Julie Stewart-Binks with Call It A Night with Julie Stewart-Binks at 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Soccer hall-of-famer Cobi Jones and PJ Harrison team up for The Players Lounge at 8 p.m.m Wednesday — and that's just a few of the Fubo originals. Also filling out the schedule are shows from GolTV, Stadium, USA Today and more.
And, yes, there will be live sports. This is where you'll find Liga MX Soccer via Univision, D-1 games from college football and basketball, plus Major League Lacrosse. Cyclists will get coverage of major events, and horse racing is ready to go. And that's just for starters.
Fubo Sports Network is available now at the aforementioned places.
Live sports, and so much more
Fubo Sports Network is available on a number of partner platforms, and also on the base Fubo TV package, which is a fine way to watch some sports in 4K resolution.
FUBOTV'S FUBO SPORTS NETWORK LAUNCHES, DEBUTS FALL SLATE OF ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING
Talent-Driven Programming with Popular Sports Journalist Julie Stewart-Binks, Former LA Galaxy Star and Soccer Hall of Famer Cobi Jones + More
Produced Exclusively by fuboTV for Free 24/7 Linear Sports Network
Linear Network Will Also Feature Partner Content From FanDuel, Stadium, The Players Tribune, USA TODAY, VSiN, Among Others
NEW YORK – SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 – fuboTV today officially unveils fubo Sports Network, the live, free-to-consumer TV network for passionate sports fans, with an action-packed slate of talent-driven original programming produced by fuboTV — a first — and content from partners including FanDuel, Stadium, The Players Tribune, USA TODAY, VSiN, Young Hollywood and more.
Soft launched in late June, fubo Sports Network also marks the first time live TV streaming service fuboTV has created an ad-supported linear network for distribution off of its platform. fubo Sports Network currently has a wide distribution footprint with LG Channels powered by XUMO, Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, XUMO and fuboTV's Standard base package. More distribution partners will be announced.
Additionally, Pamela Duckworth, an award-winning executive producer, has been named head of fubo Sports Network and original programming, a newly created position. Duckworth, founder of Duckworth Entertainment, a full-service creative marketing production company based in NYC and LA, was previously a consultant with fuboTV. Duckworth has been tasked with building fuboTV's first in-house production team and leading original programming development.
fubo Sports Network's programming lineup features event coverage, news, behind-the-scenes, movies and exclusive content. The network's fall slate, which kicks off today, includes
fuboTV-Produced Originals (all times listed are ET/PT
- Call It a Night with Julie Stewart-Binks (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m.) - fubo Sports Network's flagship news program on sports and sports culture is hosted by popular sports journalist and comedian Julie Stewart-Binks (ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports HQ, SNY). Taped from fubo Sports Network's studio in Hudson Yards, NYC.
- The Players Lounge with Cobi Jones and PJ Harrison (Wednesdays at 8 p.m.) - Interviewed by two towering figures of American soccer, top players, their friends and fans talk freely about the hottest sports topics of the day. About the hosts: Soccer Hall-of-Famer Cobi Jones is one of the few soccer players from the MLS to have his number retired. PJ Harrison is a creative director and City of Angels Football Club cofounder.
- The Cooligans (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m.) - Soccer is exciting, but soccer talk is so boring...UNTIL NOW. New York comedians Alexis Guerreros and Christian Polanco bring laughter to the beautiful game. Through the lens of stand-up comedy, The Cooligans deliver hilarious takes on American and world soccer that are refreshing, fun and make fans of any league enjoy the game much more than they ever thought they could.
- Drinks with Binks (Fridays at 8 p.m.) - Sportscaster Julie Stewart-Binks goes sip-for-sip with athletes and fans in a new vodcast.
- Football Report (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m.) - News about soccer's biggest stars, teams and leagues.
- fubo News (Friday at 6 p.m.) - Customized coverage of the world's top sporting events.
Partner-Produced Sports Shows
- FanDuel/TVG: Hurry Up and More Ways to Win
- GolTV: Tu Futbol and Portugol
- Stadium: Baseball Stories hosted by Jayson Stark, and more to be announced
- The Players Tribune: The Real Athlete, How It Happened, For The Record and more to be announced
- USA TODAY: SportsPulse, What I'm Hearing, For The Win and more to come
- VSiN: VSiN Best Bets
- Young Hollywood: Rookie On The Rise and Beyond The Athlete
- Liga MX Soccer (Univision): A weekly Sunday afternoon match from Mexico's top soccer league is broadcast in English; Available to fuboTV subscribers only.
- NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball Division 1 games; Major League Lacrosse (Stadium)
- Cycling (IMG): Coverage of major global cycling events including Giro d'Italia, Cycliste de Quebec and shows like In Cycle magazine.
- Horse Racing (TVG): Coverage of horse racing events.
- More to be announced.
Rounding out fubo Sports Network's lineup is Double Play Movie Night, featuring back-to-back sports movies, including documentaries from Gravitas Ventures and others, every Friday night at 8 p.m. ET.
For details on fubo Sports Network programming, go to https://fubosportsnetwork.com.
David Gandler, fuboTV's co-founder and CEO, commented: "We know that sports are the most engaged live events in the world, however we saw a lack of sports coverage on a free-to-consumer basis. The concept for fubo Sports Network was conceived only in March, and I'm proud that our team came together in just a few short months to launch a new network to fill that void."
"Our goal with fubo Sports Network is to deliver edgy, fun and informative talent-driven programming 24/7 to sports fans everywhere. Our content and distribution partners quickly understood the value in fubo Sports Network, and we're already seeing heavy interest from advertisers who are looking to integrate with the brand and our talent. Now, we're ready to take fubo Sports Network to the fans. We're just getting started."
Pamela Duckworth, head of fubo Sports Network and original programming, said:
"I truly believe that fuboTV is changing the game from a distribution standpoint and am excited to bring to life our unique vision of original content with fubo Sports Network. David Gandler is a true visionary and I'm honored to join him in transforming the video landscape."
Julie Stewart-Binks commented: "I've been dreaming for years of hosting my own show, and I am so excited to make it a reality with fuboTV's new fubo Sports Network. I have to pinch myself because this is a dream come true. Our show will cover the biggest sports stories but through a comedic sense - monologues, cold opens, sketches, think SNL and late night TV meets SportsCenter, but with fewer old white guys."
Cobi Jones said: "I can't wait to get started on The Players' Lounge. It's really exciting to be working with fuboTV's fubo Sports Network on such a unique show and to be working with PJ again. This show is an opportunity to really explore some of soccer's big themes, at length and in an informal setting. This is how I talk about soccer with my friends."
About fubo Sports Network
fubo Sports Network is a live, free-to-consumer TV network for passionate sports fans offering event coverage, news, behind-the-scenes and exclusive programming. Available nationwide on fuboTV and other partners, on every screen. fubo Sports Network is the only full-contact sports network.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...