Welcome to the PlayStation family! Now that you've got your console it's time to set it up and check out all options you have for family entertainment. Streaming is one way to bring friends and family alike together with your favorite movies and shows. Whether you're making jokes the whole time or silently engrossed, TV is one way to get the people together.
Setting up your PlayStation
First things first you want to make sure your PlayStation is ready for streaming. After you've got your power cord and HDMI plugged in properly, you will need a connection to the internet to be able to stream. If you haven't gotten your device connected yet, here are the steps how.
Connecting through a LAN cable
- Select "Settings" from the main menu.
- Select "Network"
- Select "Set up Internet Connection"
- Select "Use a LAN Cable"
- Select "Easy"
Connecting through WiFi
- Select "Use WiFI"
- Select "Easy"
- Find the name of the network you want to connect to and select it.
- Configure your settings to your preferences.
If your WiFi network can not be found after configuring settings, select "Set upi Manually" instead and configure them by hand.
Popular streaming apps
There are plenty of streaming apps available on your PlayStation 4. Be sure to check out the different types of content in each to make sure you're getting the best one for you!
Using PlayStation's Movie & TV menu
As of March 29, 2018 PlayStation has given it's TV & Video section a complete makeover. Instead of having to jump between different apps, the menu will show all of your streaming content available. All you have to do is sign into your apps and then refresh the TV & Video page. This makes finding all of your favorite titles significantly easier!
How to download streaming apps
- Go to the PlayStation Store and find the apps you have subscriptions to.
- Download it to your PS4.
- Refresh your TV & Video page to show all the available content.
Using PlayStation Vue
Here we have a pretty stellar subscription service available directly from your PlayStation Main Menu. There are 4 different subscription options from $39.99 to $74.99, depending on how many channel options you would like available to you. To find movies click on the Channel you want to watch (HBO, Showtime, etc) and select the movie option from your menu bar!
Click below to check out the tares and options for channels available on PlayStation Vue!
Setting up PlayStation Vue
- Go to the PlayStation Store.
- Choose which subscription service is best for you.
- Add in your payment options.
- Open the PlayStation Vue app from the Movie & TV menu.
- Find the movies and shows you want to watch and select them.
Already have a casting device?
How to connect your Roku to the PlayStation Vue
- Add PlayStation Vue from the Channel Store on your Roku.
- Open PlayStation Vue from your Roku.
- Select "Activate your device". (If you don't have a PlayStation Vue account, follow the link above to check it out!)
- Go to psvue.com/activateroku
- Sign in with your PlayStation Network ID
- Enter the activation code shown on your Roku device
How to connect your Google Chromecast to PlayStation Vue
- Download PlayStation Vue from Google Play
- Open PlayStation Vue while connected to the same Wifi as the Chromecast
- Sign in with your PlayStation Network account
- Tap the casting icon to connect
What are your favorite ways to stream on the PS4?
Tell us in the comment section below!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Greyhound' star Tom Hanks isn't a fan of the movie's AppleTV+ debut
Tom Hanks stars in "Greyhound," a movie that should have been hitting cinemas. But COVID-19 put paid to that and Hanks isn't happy he's had to settle for Apple TV+.
‘Defending Jacob’ cast and creators to take part in a Variety Q&A on July 1
The cast and crew of hit Apple TV+ show "Defending Jacob" will take part in an exclusive Q&A session with Variety on July 1.
This new Apple TV+ 'Dads' trailer will warm your heart and drench your eyes
Father's day is just around the corner and Apple TV+ documentary "Dads" is coming along for the ride. This new trailer gives us a look at what to expect and it looks pretty great.
Amazon Fire TV Cube low on storage? Here are the best expansion options.
With so much content available to stream, from games to shows, sometimes you need more than the 16GB of onboard storage that Amazon Fire TV Cube comes with. While you get free cloud storage for your Amazon digital purchases, local storage can be helpful for the other services you access on your device. Here are some of the best external storage options for your Amazon Fire TV Cube.