The Big 12 is one of the Power Five conferences, along with the ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC. The Power Five conferences are typically the best in NCAA football, and regularly qualify for the playoffs. Oklahoma is the most recent national title contender from the Big 12, appearing last in the College Football Playoffs in 2018.
Big 12 teams you can watch online
The Big 12 Conference is big on names but small on teams. In 2011-2012, realignment led to teams changing conferences like a game of musical chairs. The Big 12 was left standing when the music stopped, losing four longtime members to the SEC, Big Ten and Pac-12. They still have giant programs, including the Longhorns, Jayhawks, and Horned Frogs. Here are all the teams that play football in the Big 12:
- Iowa State
- Kansas State
- Oklahoma State
- Texas Tech
- West Virginia
This week's Big 12 football games
This Saturday is the Big 12 Conference Championship game, and it is a rematch of one of the most exciting games of the season. Baylor will seek revenge against Oklahoma after the thrilling comeback victory the Sooners scored against the Bears. Plus both teams hold on to slim hopes for the Playoffs, but they each will need a lot of help from other games. Expect both squads to give their all and hope a spot opens up.
All times show are Eastern
Saturday, December 7
- Noon, Big 12 Championship, (7) Baylor vs. (6) Oklahoma, ABC
Stream Big 12 college football and the Longhorn Network
The Big 12 is one of the top three college football conferences based upon power rankings. The conference has several football teams ranked in the preseason AP poll, including Oklahoma, Texas, and Iowa State. Throw in other big name schools like Kansas, West Virginia and TCU, and the conference schedule is filled with must-see games.
The Big 12 has broadcast agreements for their college football games to air on Fox, FS1, Fox College Sports, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, even ESPN+. Some out of conference games may also appear on other networks, but most of them should be on these networks. If you want to watch Big 12 football, you need to have as many as possible.
The largest fanbase in the Big 12 are backing the Texas Longhorns, so they have a network all their own. The Longhorn Network is the official channel dedicated to all things Texas Longhorns. The network is operated by ESPN, which co-owns the network. Streaming access to the Longhorn Network is a bit limited, with regional access on one streamer, but it is available nationwide on one live TV streaming service.
Here's a rundown of live TV streaming options for watching Big 12 college football.
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Xbox One, Chromecast, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here.
- Big 12 Football on Hulu - Yes, Hulu has ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN College Extra, Fox, FS1, and FS2 so it is providing nearly everything needed for Big 12 football games
- Longhorn Network on Hulu - No
Hulu and Hulu with Live TV very quickly have become a must-try service. There's the full catalog of shows and original content like The Handmaid's Tale, and you'll also get a full slate of sports and local channels, too.
More on Hulu with Live TV:
Go Big on the Big 12
Hulu doesn't just have a huge back catalog of shows — it also has live TV. That means it provides nearly every channel Big 12 fans need.
Sling TV - Sling Orange + Blue
- The cost: $40 a month after your first month for $25
- Watch Sling TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, LG, Samsung or Vizio smart TVs, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablets, browsers and more
- Local channels on Sling TV: NBC and Fox on Sling Blue. Local on demand feeds on Sling Orange. Find your local channels here.
- Big 12 Football on Sling TV: Some, because Sling TV has ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, Fox, FS1, and FS2. That will cover many of the ways you can see Big 12 football. Add the Sports Extra pack for $10 and pick up ESPNU and ESPN Goal Line for a few more Big 12 games.
- Longhorn Network on Sling TV - No
Sling TV has a lot to offer for CordCutters, including Big 12 football fans. The service has a wide variety of options, and still has one of the lowest base prices among live streaming services. It lacks live ABC and the Longhorn Network, but you'll still see a bunch of Big 12 games.
More on Sling TV:
Sling the pigskin
Add-on Sports Extra for more
Sling remains one of the more economical of the major streaming services. This Sling big plan has most of the Big 12 must-haves, and add Sports Extra for two more.
- The cost: $55 a month after a one week trial
- Watch Fubo TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, iOS, Android and web browsers
- Local channels on Fubo TV: CBS, Fox, NBC and CW. Find your locals here.
- Big 12 Football on Fubo TV: Some, but because Fubo lacks ABC/ESPN networks you may miss out on a lot of Big 12 football games. They do have Fox, FS1 and FS2.
- Longhorn Network on Fubo TV - No
Fubo TV began as a sports-focused live streaming TV service, and while it has branched out it maintains a strong sports presence. It doesn't offer ESPN networks, but Fubo is the only streaming TV service to offer live events, including college football, in 4K.
More on Fubo TV:
Score Big with Fubo
Coverage half the time, with no ABC/ESPN nets.
Fubo can get you a bunch of Big 12 games, including some games in 4K. However no ABC/ESPN networks means missing out on many matchups.
AT&T TV Now - Max Plan
- The cost: $70 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Big 12 Football on AT&T TV Now: Total coverage, including ABC, Fox, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, FS1, FS2 and if you live in certain regional areas, the Longhorn Network
- Longhorn Network on AT&T TV Now - Yes, available as a regional sports network near University of Texas.
AT&T TV Now is the new name for DirecTV Now. The service includes HBO content in the base prices. Choose the Max Plan to get all the channels you need to watch tons of Big 12 football action, including the Longhorn Network.
More on AT&T TV Now:
Big 12 to the Max
Lots of Big 12 and Longhorn Network for Texas locals
AT&T TV Now (the new name of DirecTV Now) has probably the deepest channel lineup, plus regional sports. You'll need the $70 "Max" plan for the Longhorn Network, which is only available as a RSN.
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Big 12 Football on YouTube TV: Nearly complete coverage, including ABC, Fox, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FS1, and FS2.
- Longhorn Network on YouTube TV: - No.
YouTube TV excels by keeping things simple. Live streaming channels come in just one plan from YouTube TV. This includes almost every channel needed to watch Big 12 football action, including local channels in every market with YouTube TV.
More on YouTube TV:
OK Google Watch Big 12
Almost total coverage of Big 12 teams
YouTube TV is one of the more simple streaming services, with a single plan, and all the major Big 12 of channels. It only misses out on Longhorn Network.
- The cost: $4.99 a month
- Watch ESPN+ on: Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, AirPlay, Amazon Fire TV, web browsers.
This year, ESPN+ began a partnership with the conference, which they call "Big XII on ESPN+". ESPN+ is a standalone sports streaming service, so it is separate from the traditional ESPN channels. Each week, ESPN+ has a slate of college football games that you can't see on any other channels. These games are available in the ESPN app on your phone, tablets, web browser — and, of course, on your TV.
Starting in 2020, ESPN+ will have at least one game featuring every Big 12 team except for Oklahoma and Texas. This season, they had several games to start off the deal, and they have special studio shows focused on teams like Kansas. They also have head coach press conferences for many Big 12 teams, so superfans will find a lot to like on ESPN+.
Split the uprights
College football, and so much more
Get all the college football that's not on TV — plus so many other sports and original series — on pretty much any device you own.
Listen to Big 12 College Football on SiriusXM
Saturday can be a busy day for errands and kids activities, even for hardcore college football fans. You can stay up to the minute on all your favorite Big 12 football action wherever you go with SiriusXM. The service has live play by play coverage of Big 12 football games all season long.
Sirius XM has a dedicated Big 12 Radio channel, with coverage of Big 12 games along with Big 12 talk and analysis. It is available in your vehicle, or streaming to your mobile devices on channel SXM 375. Big 12 Play-by-Play starts on channel SXM 200.
A great option if video is out of the question
If for whatever reason you can't watch football on TV, Sirius XM has the play-by-play on a ton of games — and it's got a great free trial.
How to watch Big 12 football if you're outside the United States
We've all been there. Whether it is a vacation or for business, you're traveling outside of the United States but still want to watch your favorite Big 12 football games. Streaming your teams can flip from an easy score to a major penalty. Streaming services will often block their feeds if you're not in America. (Thanks, lawyers!)
There is a way to get things working again by using a VPN. That stands for "Virtual Private Network," and it'll send your internet through a specific set of servers. It zaps your internet traffic back into the United States even while you're abroad. That means you can head off to the islands, while your internet stays in the heartland.
Want to get a good VPN? It's easy with a subscription services that, for a few bucks a month, tunnels your traffic through different locations. It can also give you security and peace of mind on open WiFi connections. Give one a try to see if it works for you, and then put it to good use. Even enjoy your football from a half a world away.
VPN for Big 12 football
Take your college football action everywhere
ExpressVPN has all the things you want from a VPN. It's got multiple pricing plans. It's got servers in 94 countries. And it has apps for all the platforms, which makes setup a breeze.
How to stream even more college football online
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...