The Masked Singer is a hilarious show that debuted on Fox back in January 2019. Essentially, celebrities put on wacky full-body costumes that cover even their faces. Not even the other contestants know who's singing. Your job is to try and guess who it is behind the mask as the show marches on. So far talent like T-Pain, Margaret Cho, Donny Osmond and Gladys Knight have donned masks to compete.
What the hell is The Masked Singer?
The Masked Singer is a singing/reality/game show that sticks celebrities in full-body costume and has them sing and dance for your approval. Only, you don't know who they are. Neither do the judges, or even the host.
TMS is back after its World Series break. (The baseball also was on Fox.) And it's back with a vengence, with a two-hour show on Nov. 6. This season has featureed new masked talents, new costumes, and new opportunities to guess who is singing.
The show is hosted by Nick Cannon, with Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy and Nicole Scherzinger serving as "judges."
Yeah, it's a weird show. It's one bad edit away from being quite the car crash — which is exactly why we can't look away.
So far this season we've lost five contestants. (This is where the spoilers come in, folks. So if you haven't watched until now, skip ahead just a tad.)
Ready? Here we go:
Johnny Weir was first out as the Egg, followed by gamer Ninja in Episode 1. Professional Boxer (and part-time Panda) Laila Ali was the lone ouster in Ep. 2, followed by Dr. Drew Pinsky (the Eagle) in Ep. 3, and musician and bandleader (and skeleton) Paul Shaffer in Ep. 4.
That brings us to Episode 5 tonight, with 11 contestants remaining. (They are, in case you just have to know) Black Widow, Butterfly, Flamingo, Flower, Fox, Ladybug, Leopard, Penguin, Rottweiler, Thingamajig, and Tree.
How to stream The Masked Singer if you don't have cable
However if you've decided to cut the cord on cable you might be wondering if you're even able to watch. Well, there is good news.
There are a variety of streaming services that offer up Fox as a local channel which means if you have an over-the-air antenna, Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, Fubo, Playstation Vue, AT&T Now, or YouTube TV you'll be able to watch. Some of the options even include DVR which will let you rewatch your favorite clips!
With an over-the-air antenna in your setup, you can catch your favorite shows on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. Since The Masked Singer is a Fox show this means that you'll be able to catch each and every episode as it airs.
If you have an over-the-air streaming device, you can also watch your shows streaming to devices on your local network.
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One, Chromecast, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here.
Hulu and Hulu with Live TV very quickly have become a must-try service if you care about live television. Plus there the full catalog of shows and original content like The Handmaid's Tale, and you'll also get a full slate of sports and local channels, too.
More on Hulu with Live TV:
Watch all your favorites
Watch it live
Hulu delivers hundreds of hours of awesome television shows and movies including exclusives like The Handmaid's Tale that you can't watch anywhere else. It's also a great way to The Masked Singer each week as it airs.
AT&T TV NOW
- The cost: From $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
More on AT&T TV Now:
Guess that Singer
Tons of options
AT&T Now gives you access to tons of local channels and lets you watch on a variety of different devices. This means you can catch the latest episode of The Masked Singer wherever you happen to be.
- The cost: $55 a month after a one-week trial
- Watch Fubo TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, iOS, Android and web browsers
- Local channels on Fubo TV: CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW. Find your locals here.
More on Fubo TV:
Who's behind the mask?
More than movies
Fubo TV is the real deal delivering TV, movies and the sports you want to watch with dozens of channels available. It even includes a DVR so you can record and rewatch your favorite episodes of The Masked Singer.
- The cost: From $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch PlayStation Vue on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation 3 and 4, Chromecast, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire Tablets and web browsers
- Local channels on PlayStation Vue: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
More on PlayStation Vue:
Catch up on your console
Watch on your Playstation console
PlayStation isn't just for games anymore. With a PlayStation Vue membership you can watch all the TV you want to watch. With Fox on the local channel list you'll be able to watch each new episode of The Masked Singer.
Sling TV - Sling Orange + Blue
- The cost: From $15 a month
- Watch Sling TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablets, browsers and more
- Local channels on Sling TV: NBC and Fox on Sling Blue. Find your local channels here.
More on Sling TV:
More of the channels you love
Dozens of channels with what you want to watch
Sling TV delivers dozens of channels covering everything from sports to cartoons. Since it includes local channels like Fox you'll also be able to watch each episode of The Masked Singer to see exactly who is hiding behind each mask.
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
More on YouTube TV:
Guess that Singer
Endless DVR options
YouTube isn't just about videos online anymore and YouTube TV is one of the best ways to watch your favorite shows once you've cut the cord. That includes The Masked Singer and since you have access to a DVR you can save episodes and rewatch them whenever you want.
We test and review VPN services in the context of legal recreational uses. For example:
1. Accessing a service from another country (subject to the terms and conditions of that service).
2. Protecting your only security and strengthening your online privacy when abroad.
We do not support or condone the illegal or malicious use of VPN services. Consuming pirated content that is paid-for is neither endorsed nor approved by Future Publishing.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Eat The Child from The Mandalorian...in cake form!
Baby Yoda has inspired myriad new desserts and treats, including a detailed cake and a Frappuccino you can order at Starbucks.