This Saturday, the District of Columbia welcomes UFC heavyweights to the nation's capital. This isn't the match everyone first expected, but this intriguing pairing of knockout kings could end in fireworks. Will the long time fighter move towards another shot at the title, or can the upstart newcomer continue his fast rise up the ranks? You can find out who is best Saturday night by watching Overeem vs. Rozenstruik in UFC Fight Night D.C. on ESPN and ESPN+ even if you don't have cable.
When is Overeem vs. Rozenstruik UFC Fight Night D.C.?
UFC Fight Night Overeem vs. Rozenstruik is broadcasting live on Dec. 7. This Fight Night is available as a split broadcast event. The Early Prelims will stream on ESPN+ beginning at 5:45 p.m. Switch over to ESPN for the Prelims starting at 7 p.m. Eastern time and then the Main Card at 9 p.m. Eastern. Flip back to ESPN+ after the Main Event to watch the Post Show starting around Midnight. The entire event will be coming to you live from Capital One Arena in D.C.
Overeem vs. Rozenstruik in UFC Fight Night D.C. — The Main Event Preview
Alistair "The Demolition Man" Overeem (45-17) is the sixth ranked heavyweight in the UFC, and a former champion in multiple promotions and combat sports. Since joining the UFC eight years ago, Overeem is 10-6 including a first round knockout loss to Stipe Miocic in his only UFC Heavyweight Title shot. He is a Muay Thai fighter who's fights rarely go to the judges, because 40 of his 45 victories and 14 of his 17 defeats have ended before the final bell. Overeem will have a hard time breaking into the Heavyweight top five, which is full of many of the biggest names in the sport. Originally he was supposed to face eighth ranked Walt Harris which could have given him a better chance at bumping up. However the tragic circumstances surrounding the death of Harris' stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard led him to withdraw from the fight.
Jairzinho "Bigi Boy" Rozenstruik (9-0) is the 14th ranked UFC heavyweight, and he's looking to make the most of this big opportunity as replacement fighter in this main event. This is only the fourth UFC fight for Rozenstruik, who joined the UFC earlier this year. While he only has nine MMA fights in his professional career, he has fought in over 80 pro kickboxing fights, and he held championships in that circuit as well. "Bigi Boy" has already defeated a former UFC champion, Andrei Arlovski, and now he's hoping to an upset win on Saturday and a chance to pull himself into title contention. Overeem is a slight betting favorite at approximately -125, but Rozenstruik is going off at an even money +100. Clearly gamblers believe Rozenstruick has more than just a punchers chance.
Stream Overeem vs. Rozenstruik in UFC Fight Night D.C. on ESPN
ESPN networks have a full suite of channels, but for UFC Fight Night D.C. all that is needed is the main ESPN channel. It is available on five of the largest live TV streaming services. Of these options, Sling TV offers the lowest regular price but the other services offer a variety of free trials. Catch the details to help decide which option is best for you.
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here.
- UFC Fight Night D.C. on Hulu - ESPN comes on the base Hulu Live TV plan.
More on Hulu with Live TV:
Submit old cable
Hulu has Live Sports, including MMA.
Hulu has it all— a huge catalog service and live TV channels. Included in the list of channels are sports stations with ESPN for UFC Fight Night D.C..
Sling TV - Sling Orange
- The cost: $25 a month after your first month for $15
- Watch Sling TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, LG, Samsung or Vizio smart TVs, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablets, browsers and more
- UFC Fight Night D.C. on Sling TV: The Sling Orange package includes ESPN, and is a low cost way to stream the UFC Fight Night D.C..
More on Sling TV:
Knockouts for less
Get the big UFC Fight Night D.C. without the big bill
Sling is a popular service, and usually a good option. You can stream UFC Fight Night D.C. on Sling because ESPN is included.
AT&T TV Now - Plus Plan
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- UFC Fight Night D.C. on AT&T TV Now: ESPN is in the Plus package, giving viewers access to the UFC Fight Night D.C..
More on AT&T TV Now:
Crane kick cable
The Plus Plan is all you need for UFC Fight Night D.C..
AT&T TV Now has a long list of channels in their lineup. The Plus Plan includes ESPN and a front row view of UFC Fight Night D.C..
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- UFC Fight Night D.C. on YouTube TV: ESPN is on YouTube TVs plan, making it a great choice to see the UFC Fight Night D.C.
More on YouTube TV:
Like, comment, kick butt
Hey Google, stream the next UFC Fight Night
YouTube TV is live streaming TV made simple, with a single plan and a ton of channels — including ESPN, so you'll be all set to stream UFC Fight Night D.C. and Overeem vs. Rozenstruik.
Watch the UFC FIght Night D.C. Early Prelims
- The cost: $5 a month or $50 a year
- Watch ESPN+ on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Fire TV,Xbox One, Playstation 4, AirPlay, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- UFC Fight Night D.C. Early Prelims on ESPN+: ESPN+ will be the only way to watch the Early Prelims fights, and it will also have the exclusive Post Show.
More on ESPN+:
Rock the Octagon
ESPN+ starts with the Early Prelims and ends with the Post Show.
ESPN+ has major UFC events on the regular, including the Pay-Per-View nights. It also has exclusive UFC Post Shows, like the one this Saturday night. More live sports and shows add to the value.
UFC Fight Night D.C. Schedule and Fight Card
Here's the schedule for this UFC Fight Night:
All times shown are Eastern
- Early Prelims 5:45 p.m. on ESPN+
- Prelims 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Main Card 9 p.m. on ESPN
- Post Show Midnight on ESPN+
The full fight card, as always subject to change, is as follows:
- Alistair OVereem (45-17) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (9-0)
- Marina Rodriguez (12-0-1) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (8-1)
- Stefan Struve (29-11) vs. Ben Rothwell (36-12)
- Aspen Ladd (8-1) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (12-4)
- Cody Stamann (18-2) vs. Song Yadong (15-4)
- Rob Font (16-4) vs. Ricky Simon (15-2)
- Thiago Alves (28-14) vs. Tim Means (28-11-1)
- Billy Quarantillo (12-2) vs. Chris Fishgold (18-3-1)
- Bryce Mitchell (11-1) vs. Matt Sayles (8-2)
- Joe Solecki (8-2) vs. Matt Wiman (16-8)
- Livinha Souza (13-2) vs. Virna Jandiroba (14-1)
- Makhmud Muradov (23-6) vs. Trevor Smith (15-9)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...