Los Angeles will be shining extra bright this weekend, as all the stars will be out to watch one of the biggest fights of the year. An expensive bundle is no longer required to buy big Pay-Per-View fights, so it's easy to get even without cable. You can see it all when you watch Spence Jr. vs Porter streaming live.
When is the Spence Jr. vs. Porter fight?
Errol Spence Jr. vs Shawn Porter goes down on Saturday, September 28, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. This is a split event, with a mix of an FS1 broadcast and Pay-Per-View. Everything begins with a PBC Prefight Show at 7 p.m. Eastern time on FS1. The boxing action starts with the Undercard also on FS1 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern. The Main Card Pay-Per-View starts at 9 p.m. Eastern. The Pay-Per-View event costs $75.
Spence Jr. vs. Porter — The Main Event Preview
Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr. (25-0) is the IBF World Welterweight champion, and he's focused on unifying the titles at this class. To do that, he'll need to go through three top Welterweight titleholders, starting with Porter. Spence Jr. Is coming off of a huge Pay-Per-View match, where he defeated Mikey Garcia by unanimous decision. That was an unusual tactical shift for a fighter who has knocked out 84 percent of his opponents. Spence has promised to return to form, and put Shawn Porter down on the mat.
Shawn "Showtime" Porter (30-2-1) is the WBC World Welterweight champ, even though he started his career as a middleweight fighter. Porter picked up his WBC title when he defeated Danny Garcia one year ago to claim the then-vacant WBC World Welterweight belt. He's already defended the belt once, winning a split decision over Yordenis Ugás in March of this year. Porter is older than Spence Jr, and is at a disadvantage in height and reach compared to him. But don't count out Porter, as he is a smart fighter who can score enough clean hits to win over the judges.
If the winner of this fight wants to continue the quest of unification, only two other champions remain in this weight class. Terence Crawford is the WBO champion, but business might complicate that fight, as he is with Top Rank & ESPN so a cross promotion would be needed to make it happen. PBC and Fox superstar Manny Pacquiao defended his WBA Super Welterweight title just a few months ago, and could be an obvious next fight.
Spence Jr. vs. Porter Broadcast Schedule
Here's the schedule for this split event
- PBC Prefight Show: 7 p.m. Eastern on FS1
- Prelims: 7:30 p.m. Eastern on FS1
- Main Card: 9 p.m. Eastern on PPV
How to watch the Spence Jr. vs. Porter Pay-Per-View
Sling TV - Sling Blue and PPV
Sling TV is the only Live TV Streaming Service to offer the Spence Jr. vs Porter Pay-Per-View as part of their service. This boxing Pay-Per-View event will be charged to the same credit card that you use to pay your Sling TV account.
Usually the Sling Blue plan includes FS1, so you would have been able to watch the Prefight Show and Undercard fights all in one app. However Sling and Fox are having a fight about fees, and Fox channels like FS1 are off of Sling for now. So you will still get the Pay-Per-View, but you might not see the Undercard. We will keep this information up-to-date for you.
- The cost: $25 a month after your first month for $15 + $75 PPV
- Watch Sling TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, LG or Samsung smart TVs, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablets, browsers and more
- Local channels on Sling TV: NBC and Fox on Sling Blue. Find your local channels here.
Get the Big Fight
See the Spence Jr. vs. Porter Pay-Per-View here
Sling has a low base cost compared to other streaming services. By offering the Pay-Per-View on your regular bill, Sling is the easiest way to see the Spence Jr. vs. Porter fight.
Watch as friends Spence Jr. & Porter discuss tactics and styles Face to Face on the "PBC on Fox" show.
Fox Sports - PPV
To purchase just the Main Card Pay-Per-View portion of this fight night, you go directly through Fox Sports. FoxSports.com will allow you to order Spence Jr. vs Porter on their site, then watch it wherever you can install the Fox Sports app. You will need to create a new Fox Sports account, unless you already have one, in order to purchase.
- The cost: $75 PPV
- Watch Fox Sports on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Xbox One, iOS, Android, or in a browser.
- Get the Fox Sports app
How to watch the Spence vs. Porter Undercards with FS1
The Fox Sports Pay-Per-View purchase can get you the Main Card, but that is only half the night of fights. If you don't already have cable, you can sign up for a live TV streaming service to get access to FS1, which is carrying the Prefight Show and the Undercard fights starting at 7 p.m. If the service offers a free trial, you may even get to see the Undercards this Saturday at no extra cost.
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Xbox One, Chromecast, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here.
- Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights on Hulu - Yes, the undercard fights are available on Hulu with Live TV with FS1.
More on Hulu with Live TV:
Undercard Fights ready to rumble
Hulu doesn't just have a huge back catalog of shows — it also has live TV. They include popular channels, including FS1 to see the Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard fights.
- The cost: $55 a month after a one week trial
- Watch Fubo TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, iOS, Android and web browsers
- Local channels on Fubo TV: CBS, Fox, NBC and CW. Find your locals here.
- Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights on Fubo TV: Yes, the undercard fights are available on Fubo TV with FS1.
More on Fubo TV:
Go Go Fubo
Up and coming contender
Fubo TV offers a long list of popular channels, 4K HDR sports, and special add-ons. They include FS1 in every plan, so you will have access to the Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights.
PlayStation Vue - Access Plan
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch PlayStation Vue on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation 3 and 4, Chromecast, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire Tablets and web browsers
- Local channels on PlayStation Vue: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights on PlayStation Vue: Yes, the undercard fights are available on Playstation Vue with FS1.
More on PlayStation Vue:
Access all the games
A sports focus comes into Vue
PlayStation Vue offers a lot for the price, with plenty of sports for fans to enjoy. Their base Access Plan includes FS1 to see the Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercards..
AT&T TV Now - Plus Plan
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights on AT&T TV Now: Yes, the undercard fights are available on YouTube TV with FS1.
More on AT&T TV Now:
Live TV the AT&T way
AT&T TV Now (the new name of DirecTV Now) is actually an OK value if you stay with the Plus Plan. That Plan has all you need to see these boxing Undercard fights on FS1, plus HBO too.
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Spence Jr. vs. Porter Undercard Fights on YouTube TV: Yes, the undercard fights are available on YouTube TV with FS1.
More on YouTube TV:
TV for You
Free trial you'll want to keep
YouTube TV is live TV streaming made simple, with a single plan filled with popular channels — including FS1 for the Spence Jr vs. Porter Undercard Fights.
Here is the full fight card for the night, which is, as always, subject to change.
Main Card - Fox PPV
- Errol Spence Jr. (25-0) vs. Shawn Porter (30-2-1), IBF & WBC World welterweight titles
- Anthony Dirrell (33-1-1) vs. David Benavidez (21-0), WBC super middleweight title
- Mario Barrios (24-0) vs. Batyr Akhmedov (7-0), WBA regular junior welterweight title
- Josesito Lopez (36-8) vs. John Molina Jr. (30-8)
Undercard - FS1
- Robert Guerrero (35-6-1) vs. Jerry Thomas (14-1-1)
- Joey Spencer (8-0) vs. Travis Gambardella (5-0-2)
- Amon Rashidi (7-0) vs. Alfonso Olvera (11-6-3)
- Fernando Garcia (12-1) vs. Juan Antonio Lopez (14-7)
- Burley Brooks (3-0) vs. Fabian Valdez (3-5)
- Lindolfo Delgado (10-0) vs. Jesus Zazueta Anaya (6-4-1)
- Misael Rodriguez (9-0) vs. Brandon Maddox (7-2-1)
- Leon Lawson III (11-0) vs. Alan Zavala (15-5)
- Fabian Maidana (16-1) vs. Ramses Agaton (21-10-3)
- Jose Valenzuela (4-0) vs. Charles Clark (2-4-1)
- Justin Cardona (3-0) vs. Archie Weah (3-13)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...