This week, the NFL doubleheader has the national game of the week between two top teams from last year's playoffs, including the defending Super Bowl champs. The game features a future Hall of Fame quarterback and a superstar quarterback who is headed towards greatness.
This afternoon, the best matchup of Week 13 is on CBS as the Kansas City Chiefs (8-4) play the New England Patriots (10-2) at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. at 4:25 p.m. Eastern.
The Chiefs are in first place in the AFC West, and they've done it the hard way by enduring some difficult circumstances. Superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been the lifeblood of the Chiefs offense, but an injury forced him to miss two games this season. Even with the missed time, Mahomes has been excellent with nearly 3000 passing yards and twenty touchdowns and only two interceptions. The Chiefs have several quality victories too, with wins over Baltimore and Minnesota. However, now that the Chiefs are two games behind both New England and Baltimore in the AFC playoff rankings, they need every win if they hope for a bye or more playoff home games.
The Patriots have a great record and should be rolling towards the playoffs, but something looks wrong. They have struggled to score in their last four games, going 2-2 and averaging just 18 points per game over that stretch. The team has been searching for help at wide receiver with only Julian Edelman having a good season. They made a trade for Mohamed Sanu in October, but he's been underwhelming since joining the Patriots. The Patriots have not been able to replace the production of tight end Rob Gronkowski since he retired over the offseason. All of these struggles have affected quarterback Tom Brady, who is on pace for his lowest season touchdown total since his first full year in the league. But anyone who counts out the Patriots does so at their own peril.
This game will be available on CBS in nearly the entire U.S., but there are a few markets that will get a different home game instead. Check out the map over at 506Sports to see which game you will get, and if you aren't happy with the answer read our VPN section below.
Now you know you want to see this game, but you don't know how to stream it. Fear not, as you can read this collection of the best ways to stream the New England Patriots playing the Kansas City Chiefs this afternoon, even if you have cut the cord on cable.
CBS All Access
- The cost: $6 a month or $10 a month for commercial free plan after a one week free trial
- Watch CBS All Access on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Samsung or Vizio smart TVs, iOS, Android, browsers and more
- Local channels on CBS All Access: Many local CBS stations are available to stream live. Find your local CBS station here.
- Chiefs vs. Patriots NFL game on CBS All Access: Yes, as CBS All Access includes local CBS stations streaming live.
More on CBS All Access:
Get All Access to the NFL
Want the biggest game streaming live? Make it so.
CBS All Access is an easy way to stream this premiere AFC matchup live. You can also watch great CBS hit shows and new original series like Star Trek: Picard and The Twilight Zone.
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, NBC, CBS, and others. Find your local channels here.
- Chiefs vs. Patriots NFL game on Hulu: Yes, with your local CBS station.
More on Hulu with Live TV:
NFL's best games
Stream Sunday afternoon's national game of the week.
Hulu combines a huge back catalog of shows with a large selection of live TV channels. They can include local CBS station, providing Brady and Mahomes putting on a show.
- The cost: $55 a month after a one week trial
- Watch Fubo TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, iOS, Android and web browsers
- Local channels on Fubo TV: CBS, CBS, NBC and CW. Find your locals here.
- Chiefs vs. Patriots NFL game on Fubo TV: Yes, Fubo has CBS locals available.
More on Fubo TV:
Stream Sunday's national game of the week on Fubo.
Fubo TV has had a sports focus since the very beginning. While they have expanded their focus, the service is still a great way to stream sports, including the Chiefs vs. Patriots where available.
AT&T TV Now - Plus Plan
- The cost: $65 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, and browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, CBS, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Chiefs vs. Patriots NFL game on AT&T TV Now: Yes, with local CBS stations available for this anticipated game.
More on AT&T TV Now:
HBO & NFL
AT&T has your mobile, movies, and major football streaming live.
AT&T TV Now has probably the deepest channel lineup around. The Patriots and Chiefs on CBS will be streaming on the Plus Plan, then binge Game of Thrones since you'll get HBO as well.
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV Coming Soon, Chromecast, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, iOS, Android and browsers
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, CBS, NBC and more. Find your locals here.
- Chiefs vs. Patriots NFL game on YouTube TV: Yes, with this key game streaming from your local CBS station.
More on YouTube TV:
Thumbs Up this game
YouTube makes live NFL games simple, including the biggest matchups.
YouTube TV is one of the easiest streaming services to understand, with a single plan, a ton of channels — including CBS local channels needed for the Chiefs vs. Patriots game.
How to watch the Chiefs vs. Patriots game if it's not available where you are
You could be traveling outside of the United States this weekend and still want to watch the New England Patriots play against the Kansas City Chiefs today. This game covers almost the entire U.S. but you could otherwise be stuck in the wrong part of the country with boring teams like the Titans or Cardinals. Worst of all, you could be hit with an annoying blackout.
Sometimes streaming these sports from the wrong location can turn a touchdown into a safety. Streaming services will often block their feeds if you're not in America, and IP locations stick you with the local broadcasts just like cable.
There is a way to get things working again by using a VPN. That stands for "Virtual Private Network," and it'll send your internet through a specific set of servers. It zaps your internet traffic back into the United States even while you're abroad. That means you can head off to the islands, while your internet stays in the heartland. If your app supports it, and doesn't block using a VPN, it might even move your stream from Tampa Bay to San Francisco Bay.
Want to get a good VPN? It's easy with a subscription services that, for a few bucks a month, tunnels your traffic through different locations. It can also give you security and peace of mind on open WiFi connections. Give one a try to see if it works for you, and then put it to good use. Even enjoy your football, even if you are half a world away.
Take your sports everywhere
Your football games streaming everywhere you are.
ExpressVPN has all the things you want from a VPN. It's got multiple pricing plans. It's got servers in 94 countries. And it has apps for all the platforms, which makes setup a breeze.
Build your own over-the-air streaming for Chiefs vs. Patriots
If you don't mind taking a little extra time, you can build a DIY in-home streaming setup for the Chiefs vs. Patriots game and other broadcast shows and events. If you buy an over-the-air antenna for your setup, you can pick up broadcast network games, including this amazing NFL game on CBS. Then you can add an over-the-air streaming device, so you can even watch these games streaming to all of your devices.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...