Netflix is everywhere That is, you can watch it on almost anything. Whether it's a TV or a separate box, or a computer or tablet or phone or whatever — you can watch Netflix on all kinds of stuff.
It's really just a matter of figuring out what's best for you. Maybe you have a smart TV with the Netflix app already built in. Maybe you prefer a single set-top box with all of your apps installed. Or maybe you'd rather use a phone or tablet and then use Chromecast or AirPlay to kick things over to the TV.
Point is, there are a lot of options for watching Netflix.
Here's the definitive list of supported devices for Netflix:
Smartphones and tablets that support Netflix
This will be a short list, of course:
- Android (with Google Play support)
- iPhone (iPhone and iPad)
- Amazon Fire Tablets
Smart TVs that support Netflix
The Netflix app is available on a number of smart TVs, but they have to meet a series of requirements from Netflix itself.
Here are the TVs with Netflix built in, that Netflix itself recommends:
- 2018 LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 4.0
- 2017 LG with webOS 3.5: UJ6300 | UJ6500 | SJ8000 | SJ8500 | SJ9500 | UJ7700 | B7 | C7 | E7 | G7 | W7
- 2016 LG with webO S3.0+: C6 | E6 | G6 | UH5500 | UH6000 | UH6030 | UH6090 | UH6300 | UH6500 | UH7600 | UH7700 | UH9500 | UH8500 | UH9800
- 2017 Samsung: 7 Series | 8 Series | 9 Series | Q Series
- 2016 Samsung 8 Series | 9 Series
- 2018 Sony W800F / WF800 series Android TVs
- 2017 Sony: X850E | X900E | X930E | X940E | A1E | X800E | X805E | X806E | X807E | X855E | X857E | X905E | X907E | X945E | X947E
- 2016 Sony: X850D | X930D | X940D | X700D | X750D | X800D | X830D | X850D | X930D | X940D | Z9D
In addition, you can find the Netflix app installed on TVs from:
Streaming media players that support Netflix
OK, so maybe a box is more your speed. Here are the streaming media players that Netflix officially (you'll find it on others, though) supports:
- Apple TV
- NVIDIA Shield TV (Android TV)
- Nexus Player (Android TV)
- Amazon Fire TV
Game consoles that support Netflix
There are a number of game consoles that support Netflix natively. And they are:
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo Wii
- Nintendo Wii U
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
Set-top boxes that support Netflix
A number of set-top boxes also support Netflix. This is the sort of thing that'll most likely come from your cable or satellite provider, so your mileage may vary.
- Atlantic Broadband
- Cable One
- Grande Communications
- Blue Ridge
Blu-Ray players that support Netflix
It's entirely possible to have a Blu-Ray player — that is, the current generation of high-definition DVDs — that also have a Netflix app built in. You can find them from the following companies:
Browsers that support Netflix
- Internet Explorer
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
The holiday season is coming and Netflix is here to help with new shows
Netflix has the classic holiday shows we know and love, but they also have some great new original holiday series and films ready for the 2019 season.