Q1 2020 (Feb. 4, 2020)
The Walt Disney Company today announced its Q1 2020 results — its first since the streaming service launched in November 2019. Here's what you need to know:
- Disney+ "has exceeded even our greatest expectations," CEO Robert Iger said in the quarterly report.
- Disney+ has 26.5 million subscribers as of Dec. 29, 2019.
- And, Iger said during the conference call, it's at 28.6 million as of Feb. 3, 2020.
- ESPN+ has 6.6 million subscribers, up from about 1.4 million at the end of the previous fiscal year.
- And ESPN+ is at 7.6 million paid subscribers as of Feb. 3.
- Hulu has 3.2 million live TV subscribers, up 88 percent from Dec. 29, 2018. It has and 27.2 million who subscribe only to the streaming video on demand (SVOD) service. (Up 29 percent from Dec. 29, 2018.
- Hulu is at 30.7 million paid subscribers as of Feb. 3.
- By comparison, Netflix has 167 million subscribers worldwide, and about 61 million in the United States.
- Disney+ is available, so far, in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand.
The streaming home of Disney — and so much more
Disney+ is the streaming home of Disney. And Star Wars. And Marvel. And The Simpson and so much more, with old content you can't live without, and new shows you won't want to miss.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
The best Hulu original series and exclusives right now
Hulu has a long list of original and exclusive series that you should give a try. We put together a list of the best to get you started.