Amazon Prime Day has come and gone. (Though some deals definitely are lingering.) Did you buy anything? Did you stick your head in the sand and pretend that uncontrolled amounts of consumerism aren't actually a thing?
Doesn't matter, really — because billions and billions of people (OK, probably more like millions) did take advantage of Prime day.
And it should be no surprise that the Amazon Fire TV Stick led the way, followed by Fire TV 4K pendant. Personally I'd stay away from the underpowered sticks, but it's hard to argue with a $39 streaming device.
The 50-inch Toshiba Fire TV Edition came in fifth — again, not a huge surprise given the price.
No Fire TV Cube in the Top 10? That's not overly surprising, either, given how new it is. (And that it's the most expensive, even on Prime Day.) If you're still deciding whether to pick one up, check out our video review:
So, yeah. Maybe Prime Day was a little ridiculous. (Or ridiculously awesome!) But there's no doubt about it — streaming led the way.
Here's what else you missed this week at CordCutters.com:
- A reader asked for a chart showing which streaming services are available on which devices — so we delivered!
- We're still kind of wrapping our collective head around these new wireless speakers that only work with Roku boxes.
- Android TV's "Live TV" app is a great thing you're probably not even using.
- The Sinclair/Tribune deal might not go through? We're hopeful, but not holding our breath.
- We put Roku Ultra up against Apple TV 4K. It ended about how you'd expect.
- Netflix's TV interface is getting a pretty big overhaul. And it's very cool.
- Speaking of Netflix — it's bringing The Boss in December! (Which will be here before you know it.)
- The new season of Doctor Who is breaking all the rules — and it's going to be awesome.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
Streaming videos that help keep MLK's dream alive
Today — Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 — is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday that commemorates the birthday of the famous Civil Rights Leader. While many of us enjoy having the day off, this can also be one of those holidays where the focus can be on learning about the person being honored, and their life's work. This is especially important for kids. There are a lot of ways that people...