Get ready to laugh your arse off with Netflix in August. Consider the following:
- A new season of Dear White People.
- Season 2 of Derry Girls.
- Volume 4 of Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.
- Season 3 of GLOW.
- Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready — it's Tiffany and six of her favorite comedians.
- Season 3 of Workin' Moms.
And that's just for starters. It's the tip of the iceberg of comedy on Netflix in August — and we haven't even touched on all the other originals that are on tap as we start to wind down the summer.
So let's just get into it: Here's all the awesomeness you can expect.
Coming in August
- Sacred Games: Season 2 (Netflix Original): As Mumbai's fate hangs in the balance, Sartaj Singh chases a connection to Ganesh Gaitonde's third father, an enigmatic guru with a catastrophic plan.
Coming to Netflix on 8/1/19
- Are We Done Yet?
- Boyka: Undisputed
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Groundhog Day
- Jackie Brown
- Jupiter Ascending
- Now and Then
- Panic Room
- Rocky II
- Rocky III
- Rocky IV
- Rocky V
- Sex and the City: The Movie
- Something's Gotta Give
- The Bank Job
- The House Bunny
- The Sinner: Julian
- To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
- Why Do Fools Fall in Love
Coming to Netflix on 8/2/19
- Ask the StoryBots: Season 3 (Netflix Family): The StoryBots are standing by to field more questions from curious kids — from "Why do people look different?" to "Where does chocolate come from?"
- Basketball or Nothing (Netflix Original): Follow the Chinle High basketball team in Arizona's Navajo Nation on a quest to win a state championship and bring pride to their isolated community.
- Dear White People: Volume 3 (Netflix Original): As the students of Winchester embrace new creative challenges and romantic possibilities, a charismatic professor shakes up life on campus.
- Derry Girls: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Change may finally be coming to Northern Ireland. But the high school hardships of Erin and her friends show no signs of letting up.
- Otherhood (Netflix Film): Feeling forgotten on Mother's Day, three best friends leave the suburbs and drive to New York City to surprise their adult sons.
- She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 3 (Netflix Family): Catra and Adora journey to the Crimson Waste, looking for redemption and answers, while Hordak's portal research puts Etheria's very reality at risk.
Coming to Netflix on 8/4/19
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 4 (Netflix Original): In this weekly show, Hasan Minhaj brings his unique comedic voice and storytelling skill to explore the larger trends shaping our fragmented world.
Coming to Netflix on 8/5/19
- Enter the Anime (Netflix Original): Seeking to understand anime, Tania Nolan interviews filmmakers behind notable productions from "Castlevania" to "Aggretsuko," "Kengan Ashura" and more.
- No Good Nick: Part 2 (Netflix Family): Steps away from being exposed as an impostor, Nick works harder, faster and smarter to right the Thompsons' wrongs and spring her father out of jail.
Coming to Netflix on 8/6/19
- Sebastian Maniscalco: Why Would You Do That
Coming to Netflix on 8/8/19
- Dollar (Netflix Original): Beautiful executive assistant Zeina reluctantly teams up with self-assured Tarek to chase down an elusive dollar bill worth $1 million.
- Jane The Virgin: Season 5
- Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
- The Naked Director (Netflix Original): In 1980s Japan, one determined man turned every crushing setback into opportunity. His name was Toru Muranishi, and he revolutionized his industry.
- Wu Assassins (Netflix Original): The last in a line of Chosen Ones, a wannabe chef teams up with a homicide detective to unravel an ancient mystery and take down supernatural assassins.
Coming to Netflix on 8/9/19
- Cable Girls: Season 4 (Netflix Original): Amid social changes in 1931, the friends get tangled in a murder mystery and must work together to solve it before one of them is sentenced to death.
- The Family (Netflix Original): Investigative journalists expose The Fellowship, a Christian fundamentalist organization quietly operating in the corridors of power in Washington, D.C.
- GLOW: Season 3 (Netflix Original): As the gang kicks off a run of shows in glamorous Las Vegas, power struggles, sexual tension and shifting priorities threaten their bond.
- The InBESTigators (Netflix Family): Four very different kids start their own detective agency and vlog about their adventures, becoming fast friends in the process.
- iZombie: Season 5
- Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling (Netflix Family): After 20 years in space, Rocko returns to a technologically advanced O-Town and makes it his mission to get his favorite show back on the air.
- Sintonia (Netflix Original): Three teens living in the same São Paulo favela pursue their dreams while maintaining their friendship, amid a world of music, drugs and religion.
- Spirit Riding Free: Pony Tales (Netflix Family): Find the fun and adventure of "Spirit Riding Free" in this quick mix of music videos and bite-sized stories featuring Lucky and all of her friends!
- Tiny House Nation: Volume 1
Coming to Netflix on 8/13/19
- Knightfall: Season 2
- Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready (Netflix Original): Comedian and Girl's Trip breakout star Tiffany Haddish introduces the world to six of her favorite comedians in Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready — a bold new collection of hilarious half-hour stand-up comedy specials. Hosted and executive produced by Haddish and She Ready Productions, the special features a diverse group of comedians with whom she shares a personal history, including Chaunté Wayans (Wild n' Out), April Macie (Last Comic Standing), Tracey Ashley (The Last O.G.), Aida Rodriguez (Comedy Central's This Week at the Comedy Cellar), Flame Monroe (Def Comedy Jam), and Marlo Williams (BET's Comicview). Legendary comic Wanda Sykes and veteran producer Page Hurwitz also serve as executive producers via their production company Push It Productions.
Coming to Netflix on 8/14/19
- The 100: Season 6
Coming to Netflix on 8/15/19
- Cannon Busters (Netflix Anime): A robot, a renegade and a sensational pink Cadillac join the infectiously upbeat friendship droid S.A.M. on her quest to find her missing best friend.
Coming to Netflix on 8/16/19
- 45 rpm (Netflix Original): Forming an uneasy love triangle, three characters with ties to the music industry set out to create a new record label and live a rock-and-roll lifestyle in the conservative political environment of 1960s Spain.
- Apache: La vida de Carlos Tevez (Netflix Original): Based on the life of Carlos Tevez, this series follows the Argentine soccer player, from his troubled childhood growing up in a low-income neighborhood riddled with crime, to his debut for Boca Juniors.
- Better Than Us (Netflix Original): Set in Moscow in a not-so-distant future where human beings coexist with robots, a man finds himself entangled in the first murder committed by an experimental humanoid.
- Diagnosis (Netflix Original): Based on Dr. Lisa Sanders' hugely popular column in The New York Times Magazine, Diagnosis follows various patients on their respective journeys toward finding a diagnosis, and potentially a cure, for their mysterious illnesses. By combining the power of global crowdsourcing, social media, and established medical expertise, each case is untangled with illuminating new insights that had previously eluded doctors. From award-winning executive producers Scott Rudin, Simon Chinn and Jonathan Chinn, and in association with The New York Times, Diagnosis explores the life-changing impact of receiving a diagnosis for individuals who've been searching for answers, and the healing that comes with connecting with others who can empathize with their experiences.
- Frontera verde (Netflix Original): When a young Bogotá-based detective gets drawn into the jungle to investigate four femicides, she uncovers magic, Nazis and her own true origins.
- Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus (Netflix Family): When Zim suddenly reappears to begin Phase 2 of his evil alien plan to conquer Earth, his longtime nemesis Dib sets out to unmask him once and for all.
- The Little Switzerland(Netflix Film): The discovery of the tomb of William Tell's son in a town in the Basque Country spurs the village's cantankerous citizens to lobby for Swiss annexation.
- MINDHUNTER: Season 2 (Netflix Original): The Behavioral Science Unit's killer instincts move from theory into action when the FBI joins in a high-profile hunt for a serial child murderer.
- QB1: Beyond the Lights: Season 3 (Netflix Original): Three football phenoms set for stardom — Spencer Rattler, Lance LeGendre and Nik Scalzo — navigate the ultimate season of their high school careers.
- Sextuplets (Netflix Film): Father-to-be Alan is shocked to learn that he was born a sextuplet (all played by Marlon Wayans). With his newfound brother Russell riding shotgun, the duo sets out on a hilarious journey to reunite with their remaining long-lost siblings.
- Super Monsters Back to School (Netflix Family): Vida's starting school in Pitchfork Pines, and the Super Monsters are helping their friend adjust to everything that's new and different.
- Victim Number 8 (Netflix Original): After a terrorist attack shakes downtown Bilbao leaving destruction in its wake, police launch an investigation to hunt down the attackers.
Coming to Netflix on 8/17/19
- The Punisher (2004)
Coming to Netflix on 8/20/19
- Gangs of New York
- Simon Amstell: Set Free (Netflix Original): Honest, introspective comic Simon Amstell opens up about his neuroses, coming out to his father, relationships and more in a new stand-up special.
Coming to Netflix on 8/21/19
- American Factory (Netflix Original): From Academy Award-nominated and Emmy Award®-winners Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar ("The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant," "A Lion in the House," "Seeing Red") comes AMERICAN FACTORY, a Netflix Original Documentary presented by Higher Ground Productions and Participant Media. The acclaimed film takes a deep dive into a post-industrial Ohio, where a Chinese billionaire opens a new factory in the husk of an abandoned General Motors plant and hires two thousand blue-collar Americans. Early days of hope and optimism give way to setbacks as high-tech China clashes with working-class America.
- Hyperdrive (Netflix Original): Elite street racers from around the world test their limits in supercharged custom cars on the biggest, baddest automotive obstacle course ever built.
Coming to Netflix on 8/22/19
- Love Alarm (Netflix Original): In a world where an app alerts people if someone in the vicinity likes them, Kim Jojo experiences young love while coping with personal adversities.
Coming to Netflix on 8/23/19
- El Pepe: Una vida suprema (Netflix Original): This documentary follows José "Pepe" Mujica, former political prisoner turned Uruguayan president, as he talks about his life, ideals and the future.
- HERO MASK: Part II (Netflix Anime): A former LIVE scientist's daughter may hold the key to exposing its crimes, if James can keep her alive and the SSC can fend off their new director.
- Rust Valley Restorers (Netflix Original): Old-school auto enthusiast Mike Hall, his pal Avery and son Connor go the extra mile to restore retro cars — and hopefully turn a profit.
Coming to Netflix on 8/27/19
- Million Pound Menu: Season 2 (Netflix Original): A new slate of food entrepreneurs who are determined to open up their own restaurants pitch delicious concepts to a panel of choosy investors.
- Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 7 (Netflix Family): The next chapter in the Trolls' hair-raising adventures. Join Poppy, Branch and their friends as they explore a fantastical world with new creatures, bigger adventures, and more parties!
Coming to Netflix on 8/29/19
- Falling Inn Love (Netflix Film): When city girl Gabriela (Christina Milian) spontaneously enters a contest and wins a rustic New Zealand inn, she teams up with bighearted contractor Jake Taylor (Adam Demos) to fix and flip it.
- Kardec (Netflix Film): This biopic from director Wagner de Assis ("Nosso Lar," 2010) tells the story of French influential author Allan Kardec, the founder of Spiritism.
- Workin' Moms: Season 3 (Netflix Original): As Kate adjusts to her new normal, Anne redirects her anger, Frankie hits her professional stride and Jenny tries to be a better mom.
Coming to Netflix on 8/30/19
- The A List (Netflix Original): Where pleasantries end, a chilling new normal begins. Welcome to the majestic — and mysterious — Peregrine Island.
- CAROLE & TUESDAY (Netflix Anime): Part-timer Carole meets rich girl Tuesday, and each realizes they've found the musical partner they need. Together, they just might make it.
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix Original): The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis' power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.
- Droppin' Cash: Season 2 (Netflix Original): This Complex series follows the paper trail of musicians and athletes in Los Angeles as they blow through stacks on the finer things in life.
- La Grande Classe (Netflix Film): Two best friends return to their hometown for a middle school reunion, hoping to show up their former bullies and reconnect with teenage crushes.
- Locked Up: Season 3
- Mighty Little Bheem: Season 2 (Netflix Family): Join Bheem for another season of playful antics and superpowered feats as he cheerfully dodges danger and makes friends in unlikely places.
- Styling Hollywood (Netflix Original): Stylist and interior designer Jason Bolden and husband Adair Curtis of JSN Studio make the magic happen on the red carpet and at home for A-listers.
- True and the Rainbow Kingdom: Wild Wild Yetis (Netflix Family): True and her friends learn about the lives and habits of the Yetis, including how important the Yeti traditions are and how tricky it is to babysit Yeti triplets
- Un bandido honrado (Netflix Original): A mafia boss decides to reform and get away from his past crimes and sins. But he soon finds that the path to redemption is full of temptation.
Coming to Netflix on 8/31/19
- Luo Bao Bei: Season 1
Leaving Netflix on 8/1/19
- A Cinderella Story
- A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song
- Another Cinderella Story
- Austin Powers in Goldmember
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua
- Chuggington: Season 1-5
- Death in Paradise: Season 1-7
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Final Destination
- Final Destination 2
- Final Destination 3
- Good Will Hunting
- Gosford Park
- Hairspray (1988)
- Hairspray (2007)
- Hot Fuzz
- Just Friends
- The Butterfly Effect
- The Butterfly Effect 2
- The Da Vinci Code
- The Fifth Element
- The Final Destination
- The Hurt Locker
- The Master
- The Village
- World War II in Colour
- World War Two: 1941 and the Man of Steel: S1
Leaving Netflix on 8/2/19
- The Founder
Leaving Netflix on 8/5/19
- Mothers and Daughters
- Slow TV: Collection
Leaving Netflix on 8/6/19
- Love, Rosie
Leaving Netflix on 8/8/19
- The Emoji Movie
Leaving Netflix on 8/11/19
- No Country for Old Men
Leaving Netflix on 8/14/19
- The Royals: Season 1
Leaving Netflix on 8/15/19
- World War Two: 1942 and Hitler's Soft Underbelly: Season 1
Leaving Netflix on 8/16/19
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Leaving Netflix on 8/20/19
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Leaving Netflix on 8/21/19
- Beautiful Creatures
Leaving Netflix on 8/28/19
- Wind River
Leaving Netflix on 8/30/19
Leaving Netflix on 8/31/19
- Straw Dogs
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
The first three episodes of 'Truth Be Told' are now live on Apple TV+
A month after Apple TV+ went live, "Truth Be Told" is now available to stream. The first three episodes are online now, with a new episode arriving every week.
The holiday season is coming and Netflix is here to help with new shows
Netflix has the classic holiday shows we know and love, but they also have some great new original holiday series and films ready for the 2019 season.